Do you love the look of distressed finishes? Shelley from our Shoppe at the Railroad in Buda, TX shares one of her favorite methods to achieve a distressed rustic finish. Use this method to create a weathered and aged look for your cabinets and furniture!
Arles Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan
Old White Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan
English Yellow Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan
Annie Sloan Clear Soft Wax
Annie Sloan Dark Soft Wax
Paint and Wax Brushes
1. Apply Old White Chalk Paint® to the drawers and hardware.
2. Mix 1 part Arles Chalk Paint®, 1 part English Yellow Chalk Paint®, and 2 parts Old White Chalk Paint®. This creates a soft pale yellow.
3. Paint dresser with new custom mixed yellow color.
4. When the paint is dry to the touch, begin distressing with your preferred distressing tools. The distressing process will reveal the wood color of the original piece.
4. After you have finished distressing, seal your piece with Annie Sloan's Clear Soft Wax using your wax brush and buffing cloths.
5. Add touches of Annie Sloan Dark Soft Wax to areas like doors and drawers for a more authentically aged finish.
For more hands on, step-by-step, distressing and waxing techniques attend a Chalk Paint® workshop at one of Rhonda J's Locations!